What is MUCOLID ?
Mucolid is mucolytics agent to clears airways and eases cough. It is in tablet form.
Each tablet contains: Ambroxol 30 mg
Mucolytics for thick mucus in acute and chronic respiratory diseases to make the sputum excreted easier, clears airways and eases cough.
- Adults and children over 10 years : Take 1 tablet 3 times a day.
- Children 5-10 years old: Take ½ tablet 3 times a day.
- If taking it continuously for a long time, the dosage should be reduced to 2 times a day.
What should I do if I forget to take Mucolid?
In general, if you forget to take Mucolid, eat as soon as you remember. But if it’s close to the next meal, skip to the next meal without having to double the dose.
Patient with stomach or duodenal ulcers, ciliary dyskinesia, and bronchial conditions. Renal and hepatic impairment. Children. Pregnancy and lactation.
General Adverse Reactions
Nausea, vomiting, dyspepsia, abdominal pain, heartburn
Adverse reactions that require immediate attention to your doctor or pharmacist
Difficulty breathing, rash, urticaria (Rarely, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN), erythema multiforme.)
- There have been no clinical reports of adverse reactions from the combination of this drug with other drugs.
- Following the administration of ambroxol antibiotic concentrations (e.g. cefuroxime, doxycycline, erythromycin, amoxicillin) in bronchopulmonary secretions and in the sputum are increased.
- Should not be used in patients known to be hypersensitive to ambroxol hydrochloride or other components of the formulation.
Use In Pregnancy & Lactation
- Ambroxol Hydrochloride can crosses the placental barrier from mother to baby.
- Nonclinical studies do not indicate direct or indirect harmful effects with respect to pregnancy, embryonal/foetal development, parturition or postnatal development. Extensive clinical experience after the 28th week of pregnancy has shown no evidence of harmful effects on the foetus. Nonetheless, the usual precautions regarding the use of drugs during pregnancy should be observed. Especially during the first trimester, the use of MUCOSOLVAN® is not recommended.
- Ambroxol hydrochloride is excreted in breast milk. Althought unfavourable effects on breastfed infants would not be expected, Mucolid is not recommended for use in nursing mothers.
- Keep in the original container and keep out of reach of children
- Keep in well-closed containers below 30 C
- Avoid storing in areas exposed to direct sunlight.
- Do not store in a wet or high humidity area.
Where to buy Mucolid ?
Due to Mucolid is a non dangerous drug by legislation class. Therefore, it can be sold in modern drugstores or ready-packed pharmacies.
Thai drug registration number: 1A 312/46 Read more about the meaning of Thai registration number.
Pharmaceutical Dosage Form: COMPRESSED TABLET
Packaging: Packed in strip pack, each contains 10 tablets , 1000 tablets per bottle
Category by point of use: Internal Use
Category by legislation class: Non Dangerous Drug
Manufactued by: Greater Pharma Manufacturing Co., Ltd. 55/2,55/11, Bang Toei-Wat Suwan Road, Moo 1, Salaya Subdistrict, Phutthamonthon District Nakhon Pathom Province 73170
- Labels and documentation of Mucolid
- Product information authorised verification system, Food and Drug Administration, Ministry of Health, Thailand
Share experience/Review this product
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.