What is Mucil Granules ?
Mucil Granules is mucolytics agent of mucous and mucopurulent secretion. It is packed in sachets with granules form.
Each sachet of granules (5 g) contain:
- Acetylcysteine 100 mg
Mucolytics for thick mucus in acute and chronic respiratory diseases to make the sputum excreted easier.
The content of one sachet dissolved in the glass of water for 5 – 10 days
Adult: 2 sachet 3 times daily or as prescribed by physician.
Children: 1 sachet 2-4 times daily according to the ages or as prescribed by physician.
Should be taken with food.
What should I do if I forget to take Mucil Granules?
In general, if you forget to take Mucil Granules, eat as soon as you remember. But if it’s close to the next meal, skip to the next meal without having to double the dose.
Asthma, elderly w/ severe resp insufficiency; pregnancy, lactation.
General Adverse Reactions
Mild rash may occur, nausea, stomatitis, vomiting, diarrhoea, fever, rhinorrhea; drowsiness; clamminess; chest pain.
Adverse reactions that require immediate attention to your doctor or pharmacist
Difficulty breathing, rash, urticaria
- Build-up of bronchial secretions due to reduced cough reflex with antitussive drugs.
- Reduced effect with activated charcoal.
- May enhance the vasodilatory effects of nitroglycerin.
- May reduce the pharmacological effects of antibiotics.
- Use in children below 2 years of age.
Use In Pregnancy & Lactation
- Safe for fetus in animals. But there are not enough studies in humans.
Keep in well-closed containers below 30 C
Where to buy Mucil Granules ?
Due to Mucil Granules is a non dangerous drug by legislation class. Therefore, it can be sold in modern drugstores or ready-packed pharmacies.
Thai drug registration number: 1A 538/39 Read more about the meaning of Thai registration number.
Pharmaceutical Dose Form: Granules for mixing before use
Packaging: Packed in sachets, 5 grams per sachet.
Category by point of use: Internal Use
Category by legislation class: Non Dangerous Drug
Manufactued by: T.O.PHARMA Co., Ltd. 101 Ladprao 124, Wangthonglang, Bangkok 10310, Thailand. Tel 0-2514-2000, 0-2275-6053-9, 0-2277-4141, 0-2277-0187 Fax: 0-2277-7350
- Labels and documentation of Mucil Granules
- Product information authorised verification system, Food and Drug Administration, Ministry of Health, Thailand
Share experience/Review this product